Thursday, June 1, 2017

RUSTIC DECOR FLOWERBED INSPIRATION THURSDAY

Every Thursday we like to post a picture of something we've found online that inspires us to do something similar at the farm.  
Sort of our own blog bulletin board so that we can eventually look back and someday, hopefully anyway, recreate it...enjoy!

Rustic flowerbed, image via Pinterest.com
With the recent flowerbeds we're building around the house, we're thinking of what to put around the two outbuildings (at least on the two sides that face each other).  Seems like flowerbeds will just be more work maintaining "remotely" and with plans for others around the yard, something else and less labor intensive might be nice along the sides of the barn and shed.  We like the flowers and greenery around the house but this really piqued our interest.

Just clearing a couple of strips, putting down our weedblock fabric (which we still have plenty of) and some gravel in nice colors.  Of course then we'd need some great decor like the ones in this photo, but I but we could find all sorts of fun stuff at the local flea markets and side of the road sales.  It would be nice to look for these types of things instead of new plants and flowers.  

Be inspired!

11 comments:

  1. Great rustic look for the farm place. Perfect spot would be to make a bed by one or both of your sheds and display them and adding items throughout the years.
    I do have a couple of the large metal wheels, a small red pump that I used to use when I was a kid living on the farm, also have a couple of them milk cans that my dad used to have along with a few other old farm items.
    Noticed that bale hook, of which I used to use as well growing up on the farm.
    Love the photo. These kinds of items are right up my alley :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love this!!!! We already have an area/strip of gravel on the side of the garage facing the house. And it's blank and boring. I probably have all of these things pictured and all I need is my husband to put the wood together. I csnt wait to show him tonight!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that look, though I'm more of a flower person myself. It looks so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this. It will look so good by your barns. I like having that fence section for the smaller things. You'll have a lot of fun "junk-tiquing" for interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea. You could make the same kind of beds like you did in front of the house (so there is a match in style) and then just fill with gravel and "tchotchkes" ha. And yes, any yard sale, thrift store in a small town will have any sort of rusty implement. I like this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have so many o those items just scattered about our farm, a combination of items from our old farm and stuff found here on The Poor Farm. if you lived closer I'd let you come scavenge the place! I do love the clean look of that set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a collection of similar things would be a lovely vignette (and low maintenance)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1st Man,

    Love me some rustic materials to make art in your yard or at the farm instead of having to weed another flower bed. Don't get me wrong, I love flowers but if I can avoid having to weed another flower bed I'll create art in my yard :-)

    They're plenty of flea markets, old farms, and antique stores throughout Texas. I'm sure you could find some great deals on items to make a lovely art garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd be surprised by the inspiration from flea markets. Great thoughts, and warm greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Given the geek gene we both have it could be science fiction in theme.....a TARDIS, an Enterprise, a Serenity, etc. No bad guys unless YOU like them of course. Batmobile.....Iron Man Suit, Thor's hammer....Bruce Banner's torn pants, the list goes on and on.....OH, the monolith from 2001, the cute little robots from that Bruce Dern movie.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uniting the old things makes a larger impact than having them scattered all around. They should certainly be low maintenance. Hanging things like old buckets or tubs would look good, too especially if you don't find an old fence to transplant.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave us a comment! I have some comment moderation on and of course will approve your comment relatively quickly. We love feedback and hearing what others have to share with us all. Please know that I can't always reply to it right away, but ALL comments are read. I will reply just as soon as I can so be sure to come back and see my reply.

Now, let us hear from you!